Values and Ethos
Our Misson Statement underpins the vision and values of our school:
‘Putting Children First’
Vision, Ethos and Values
The Local Community Governing Body of Alexandra Infant School and Junior School is committed to providing a broad, balanced and rich curriculum that is purposeful and challenging and takes place in an exciting, fun and adventurous environment. To enable this to happen we will nurture each child to flourish in a safe, happy and caring setting. By putting the needs of our children first, at the forefront of everything we do, we will provide quality learning experiences in a place which ensures that all children have the opportunity to achieve their full potential. In doing so we are committed to meeting the needs of all of our children – intellectual, spiritual, emotional, physical, social and cultural. The curriculum will be accessible to all pupils, free of discrimination of any sort- always focussed on the well-being of our children. We promote the values of RESPECT: Responsibility, Equality, Safety, Participation, Excellence, Community and Trust by highlighting and modelling them always so that our children have a good understanding of their importance in school and everyday life. At our schools, we value our children as individuals and our strength is rooted in the diverse and collaborative community we serve. This includes our children, parents, staff and governors.
Our vision is to become a school of excellence where everyone has a thirst for learning and has the opportunity to use their natural curiosity and enquiring mind to ask questions, find the answers and to share what they have learned with others.
- To place inspirational teaching and learning at the heart of everything we do. To deliver a high quality teaching and learning experience for all pupils that is focused on accelerated progress and high standards for all.
- To provide excellent pastoral care, ensure that our children enjoy school life, learn effectively and become confident future citizens with a positive outlook on life and a strong moral compass.
- We want our children to have aspirational goals and to be unafraid to follow their dreams.
- We aim to foster good team work and positive partnerships with children, parents, staff and partners in the New Guild Trust, governors within the local and global community.
- To secure strong parental engagement, by promoting the confidence and engagement of parents and carers in the education of their children, their personal development, welfare and positive attitudes to learning.
- Governors and all leaders of the school community have the highest expectations; support, challenge and ensure accountability at all levels.